Nebraska Critical Access Hospitals Conference on Quality
November 14 & 15, 2017
Younes Conference Center
This educational activity is jointly provided by AXIS Medical Education and the Nebraska Hospital Association.
Target Audience: CNOs, Directors of Quality, frontline staff.
Overview: This conference provides you the opportunity to meet with your peers and share best practices. Learn from other Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and apply these lessons learned in your facility.
- Apply high-reliability organization concepts to critical access hospital processes.
- Describe steps a critical access hospital might consider to pursue high-reliability status.
- Identify opportunities for improvement based on the current MBQIP measures for CAHs.
- Provide practical examples on employing antibiotic use data to inform antimicrobial stewardship strategies.
- Describe the four components of CMS requirements for disaster preparedness.
- Review the survey process regarding Medical Staff reappointment.
- Describe the legislative issues important to Nebraska’s health care community.
- Discuss a platform for organizational culture that leads to a culture of “always.”
- Define actions leaders can take to build teamwork and leverage employee and physician engagement to create a culture of safety and deliver patient-centered care.
- Describe the steps York General took after the incident to enhance their security.
- Recall approaches/ideas for expanding health outside the walls of the hospital.
- Identify and close gaps in care related to chronic disease management.