The Road to Reporting: National Healthcare Safety Network Antibiotic Use and Resistance Module webinar series
The Nebraska Hospital Association, in partnership with Nebraska ASAP and Nebraska DHHS, will be hosting informational webinars regarding the new CMS Antibiotic Usage Reporting (AUR) requirements. The goal of this webinar series is to introduce the NHSN AUR module, including the purpose, benefits, and reporting requirements. Participants will hear from a pharmacist experienced in NHSN implementation and use and will have opportunities to have their questions addressed.
Jenna Preusker, PharmD, BCPS,
Nebraska DHHS Healthcare Associated Infections/Antimicrobial Resistance Pharmacist
Nebraska Antibiotic Stewardship Assessment and Promotion Program (ASAP) Pharmacy Program Coordinator
Lacey Pavlovsky, RN, MSN, CIC, LTC-CIP
Nebraska DHHS Healthcare Associated Infections-Antimicrobial Resistance Infection Preventionist and NHSN Coordination Lead
Nebraska Infection Control Assessment and Promotion Program (ICAP) Infection Preventionist
C-Suite; Quality Leaders/Staff; Nursing Leaders/Staff; Pharmacy Leaders/Staff; Infection Preventionists; Providers; Laboratory; Information Technology/Clinical Informaticist
Session #1 – Basics of AUR Reporting and CMS Requirement Overview
May 19, 2023 | 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CT
• Review the purpose and benefits of reporting to the NHSN AUR module and the process for implementation.
• Understand the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services requirements for Promoting Interoperability participation beginning calendar year 2024, including reporting exclusions.
Session #2 – How AUR Can Improve Care, Data Validation, Next Steps
June 9, 2023 | 12:00 - 1:00 PM CT
• Review examples of how NHSN AU data can be used for action in your facility.
• Data validation practices.
Session #3 & #4 – Demos from Multiple AUR Submission Vendors
July 2023 | Date and Time TBD
• View demonstrations from various CDC validated software vendors.
See flyer for Zoom information for each session.