2022 NHA Leadership Institute
The NHA Leadership Institute continues to be a great opportunity for our emerging health care leaders to gain leadership skills and competencies through a series of college-style, interactive sessions. In addition, participants in the program develop relationships with peers across the state and see first-hand many of our hospital facilities.
NEW for 2022
Members of the Heartland Health Alliance were eligible for one of ten $1,000 scholarships for the 2022 Leadership Institute. The deadline to apply for this scholarship opportunity was January 14, 2022. More information here. Questions? Contact Jayne VanAsperen.
About Leadership Institute
The NHA Leadership Institute is an initiative that is made of up a comprehensive curriculum that combines core leadership competency working sessions and multiple layers of applied practice in health care.
Coursework focuses on the unique challenges and organizational management techniques facing hospitals. The Institute is geared toward providing middle management and up-and-coming leaders within your hospital with the necessary skills to become exceptional leaders and puts them on the path to senior management positions. It is vital for CEOs to develop the leadership pipeline to ensure effective succession planning while enhancing employees’ contributions to the organization.
Each year, approximately 40 health care professionals from across Nebraska come together for a 10-month program designed to instruct, inspire and invigorate. Participants in the NHA Leadership Institute improve their leadership skills and enhance their effectiveness in the health care field while preserving the care and compassion critical to quality health care delivery. Participants also establish peer-to-peer connections and lifelong bonds with classmates and faculty.
The Nebraska Hospital Association Leadership Institute’s mission is to advance the effectiveness of hospitals by providing a quality environment for professional development and support for health care leaders. Participants have expert faculty to guide them through the program. Knowledgeable instructors from Bellevue University are ready to steer participants toward professional success and engage them on the pressing issues hospitals encounter. These experts are drawn from diverse departments of the University including management, human services, leadership development, business administration and health care administration.
Questions? Contact Brian Noonan, Senior Director of Communications & Education 402-742-8145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The NHA Leadership Institute is a game changer. If you get the chance to go do it!
- This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your leadership skills and think about situations in new ways.
- I believe all of our managers and supervisors need to take this class. Very beneficial with looking at one’s self and management styles.
- Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. Even if one has been in a leadership role for many years, this course is beneficial as we all strive to be the best leaders we can be. Having different tools and thought processes was a win.
- It is a great way to meet others in your same situations, learn how others are running their facilities and dealing with the same scenarios you are. It also is a great way to self-reflect on yourself as manager and how to improve.
- I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think anyone would benefit from this training and not just specific to someone in a leadership role.
- This program offers valuable insight into your own leadership strengths and weakness in order to grow as a true leader while offering networking opportunities with other directors in the state of Nebraska.
- This was such an incredible experience and a great way to learn different ways of handling our daily work struggles.
- The NHA Leadership Institute equips participants with vital tools to better engage employees to help them grow in their roles. The interactive nature of the classes helps to gain a different perspective on leading and coaching team members in the healthcare arena.
- Great for networking and creating contacts all across the state, as well as learning many new ways to develop and implement leadership skills.
- Creates an influential and powerful team
- Provides skills needed for creative and innovative problem solving
- Develops the participant’s ability to work with diverse clientele
- Fosters motivation for continuous learning
- Heightens visibility of leadership positions/styles
- Builds a strong network of colleagues from Nebraska hospitals
- Enhances participant’s career both personally and professionally
Program Benefits for the Hospital
- Improved recruiting and retention
- Increased employee motivation
- Greater team building with reduced internal conflict
- Improved return on staff investment
- Enhanced employee performance
Program Benefits for the Participant
- Improved leadership skills
- Professional growth
- Colleague networking and support