2022 Trauma Symposium - Phases of Trauma Care from the Rural Setting to the Trauma Center
The 2022 Trauma Symposium is brought to you by Bryan Health.
Phases of Trauma Care from the Rural Setting to the Trauma Center
Friday, September 30, 2022
Nebraska Innovation Campus, NIC Conference Center
2021 Transformation Drive • Lincoln, NE • On-site parking is $5/day
The purpose of this program is to provide relevant, emerging topics in trauma education to better prepare health care providers in the care and management of trauma patients from the scene to their time in the trauma center.
Physicians, Advance Practice Providers, Nurses, pre-hospital providers and health care professionals who care for injured patients.
Continuing Education Credit
6.5 contact hours awarded.
This program was designed to have one hour of pediatric specific content.
No more than 6.5 contact hours will be earned.
Bryan Medical Center is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Midwest MSD Provider Approval #NE624-4-44
Clinical Psychologists, Social Workers, LADC and LMHPs:
Programs approved by the Midwest Multistate Division are acceptable for continuing education for clinical psychologists by the State of Nebraska. This program meets the criteria of an approved continuing education program for certified social workers or certified master social workers, licensed mental health practitioners and licensed alcohol and drug counselors for 6.5 contact hours.
All Health Care Providers:
Health care providers are responsible for determining if the educational hours awarded will be accepted by their licensing agency or certifying body. Program length is 390 minutes.
EMS Continuing Education Awarded
The program will begin promptly as scheduled. Only drinks with covered lids are allowed in the lecture hall. Please plan your breaks accordingly.
If you have a pager or cellular phone, please program it to the silent/vibrate mode. Recording devices are not permitted.
Professional. Please consider bringing a jacket or sweater for personal comfort.
Successful Completion Requirements
Participants must sign in, participate in small group discussions, remain throughout the entire program and complete online evaluation in order to receive a certificate of completion. Hours will not be adjusted.
Program planners and speakers have no financial interest to disclose.
Registration is required. Registration deadline is September 23, 2022.
• Employees of Bryan – $35 to attend. Please register in Catalyst.
• External Participants – $100 to attend. Please register online at: bryanhealth.org/calendar. Select Continuing Education & Life Saving Classes and then search by Title.
• EMS and Students – $50 to attend. To receive the EMS or student registration rate, participant must show verification of EMS or full-time status and submit completed registration form via mail, email, or fax. This rate is not available for online registration. To receive the registration form for EMS or students, please contact: Jan.Madsen@bryanhealth.org
Cancellation – Withdrawal – No Show Policy
• Cancellations received at least 5 days prior to the class will receive a refund minus a 5% processing fee. Cancellations received less than 5 days prior to class will not be refunded.
• No show registrants forfeit the registration fee.
COVID Event Safety Protocols & Precautions
Below we have detailed our COVID safety protocols, in keeping with the latest CDC guidelines. As a participant, you play an important part in conference safety. With your help, we look forward to a safe and successful conference.
Participants and speakers will:
• Wear face coverings at all times if not vaccinated or not current on boosters. You may remain mask free if current on boosters and symptom free, however, masks are encouraged to help decrease the spread of COVID.
• Maintain physical distancing throughout the activity.
• Conduct a daily symptom screening. Individuals with one or more symptoms must not participate. See the CDC’s list of symptoms.
• Full refunds will be given if an individual is unable to attend due to illness.