Hybrid Pediatric Pain Conference
Healthcare professionals who care for children, including physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and mental health practitioners.
- Examine current pediatric pain topics using lectures and case presentations by interdisciplinary specialists.
- Examine Illustrate current, practical approaches to pediatric pain management for outpatients and inpatients using pharmacological and integrative approaches in conjunction with patient and parent education.
- No cost to attend. Advance registration required.
- Virtual & in-person attendance options available.
- In person attendees, lunch is on your own (not provided).
- 5.5 hours of CME & CNE pending.
- Opiate prescriber education/pharmacology credit pending.
Racial Disparities in Pain Medicine
Elisha Peterson, MD, MEd
Director, Chronic Pain
Acute Pain Specialist
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology,
Pain and Perioperative Medicine
Children's National Hospital
George Washington University
OTHER TOPICS INCLUDE
- Delirium, Pain or Agitation?
- Methadone, Dexmedetomidine and Adjunct Therapies
- Nebraska Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Caring for the Patient with Acute Pain in the ED
- Use of Cryotherapy and Cryoabalation in Surgical Procedures
- Strategies to Support Caregivers of Children in Pain