NHA Foundation Health Care Career Scholarship Program
The Nebraska Hospital Association Research and Educational Foundation is a nonprofit corporation organized for charitable, scientific and educational purposes. The purposes of the Foundation include:
- To advance the improvement of the health of the people of Nebraska through the provision of better health care.
- To foster and sponsor educational programs for training of health career personnel.
- To provide financial aid for Nebraska hospital employees needing assistance in the pursuit of an education in the health care field.
- To promote and sponsor research in health care issues.
For more information, contact Kim Larson, director of marketing, via email or call (402) 742-8143.
The 2018 application process will begin March 1, 2018.
Undergraduate Health Care Career Scholarship
Considering the importance and complexities of high-quality health care in today’s society, it is critical for bright, talented people to be encouraged to pursue professions in the field. With that in mind, the NHA Research and Educational Foundation offers the Undergraduate Health Care Career Scholarship Program, designed for students interested a career in health care.
These scholarships support the future leaders in their efforts to earn a high-quality education. This one-time scholarship is available to any student enrolled in an accredited program leading to a bachelor’s degree, certification or registration in a health care career. Approved programs include, but are not limited to, nursing, radiological technology, clinical medical technology or physical therapy.
Ten recipients are selected to receive $1,000 for the academic year. Applicants must be employed by a member hospital of the Nebraska Hospital Association for at least 2 years. Scholarships are limited to no more than one recipient from the same hospital per year. Scholarship payments will be made directly to the educational institution. Undergraduate scholarship recipients may apply again for the graduate studies tuition aid program scholarship.
Graduate Studies Tuition Aid Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to students pursuing a graduate degree in health care at an accredited college or university or an accredited institution offering online degree programs. The purpose of the scholarship is to assist with tuition and academic expenses in the form of a one-time award of $3,000 for an academic year for eight individuals. Applicants pursuing a graduate degree in health care administration are preferred. Applicants must be employed by a member hospital of the Nebraska Hospital Association for at least 2 years. Scholarships are limited to no more than one recipient from the same hospital per year. Scholarship payments are made directly to the educational institution.
These new scholarships assist students who are working toward a career to improve the health and well-being of Nebraska’s communities. Aureus Medical Group and FocusOne Solutions are dedicated to helping outstanding health care professionals take the next step forward in their health care career.
NHAREF announces 2017 health care career scholarship recipients
The Nebraska Hospital Association Research and Educational Foundation (NHAREF) is proud to announce the recipients of the 2017 Graduate Studies Tuition Aid Program and the Undergraduate Health Care Career Scholarship Program.
“The NHAREF is pleased to award scholarships to hospital employees who have selected to focus on a health care career. This year’s awardees represent the commitment to advance their learning to enable them to provide direct patient care or to offer the many support services hospitals utilize,” Nebraska Hospital Association President Laura Redoutey said. “We are honored that so many applied for these scholarships. We wish all of our student employees well as they pursue their educational dreams.”
Nebraska’s hospitals are proud to support these outstanding students who will keep our quality of care among the best in the nation.
Recipients of the 2017 Graduate Studies Tuition Aid Program:
- Hannah Baldwin - CHI Health Immanuel, Omaha (FocusOne Solutions scholarship recipient)
- Lori Beeby - Community Hospital, McCook
- Julie Calahan - Great Plains Health, North Platte
- Jayda Edgar - Thayer County Health Services, Hebron
- Brooke Johnson - Bryan Medical Center, Lincoln (Aureus Medical Group scholarship recipient)
- Betsy Minarick - CHI Health St. Elizabeth, Lincoln
- Mara Peters - Ogallala Community Hospital, Ogallala
- Farrah Rosentreader - Jennie M. Melham Memorial Medical Center, Broken Bow
- Ty Schmidt - Sidney Regional Medical Center, Sidney
- Amy Steinauer - Nebraska Medicine, Omaha
Recipients of the 2017 Undergraduate Health Care Career Scholarship Program:
- Allison Brinkman - Bryan Medical Center, Omaha
- Heidi Hornbeak - Johnson County Hospital, Tecumseh (FocusOne Solutions scholarship recipient)
- Aleesha Liu, Nebraska Orthopaedic Hospital, Omaha (Aureus Medical Group scholarship recipient)
- Amber Lubben- Thayer County Health Services, Hebron
- Shantel Lurz - Box Butte General Hospital, Alliance
- Stacie Marquez - Ogallala Community Hospital, Ogallala
- Stefanie Metz - Boone County Health Center, Albion
- Jessica Paisley - Tri Valley Health System, Cambridge
- Tiffany Rice - Osmond General Hospital, Osmond
- Rita Sterns - Rock County Hospital, Bassett
- Annastazia Stofer - Kearney Regional Medical Center, Kearney
- Carly Zakrzewski- Avera St. Anthony’s Hospital, O’Neill