In addition to reports and information for Nebraska hospitals, the NHA also reports on behalf of Nebraska hospitals to the Nebraska DHHS for state mandates. Data reporting mandates include the following:
- External Cause of Injury (Neb. Rev. Stat. 71-2078 to 71-2082; NAC 186-3)
- Head, Brain & Spinal Injury (Neb. Rev. Stat. 81-653 to 81-661; NAC 186-2)
- Ambulatory Surgical Center (Neb. Rev. Stat. 81-6,111 to 81-6,119; NAC 186-6)
- Communicable Diseases (Neb. Rev. Stat. 71-532; NAC 173-1)
- Parkinson Disease Registry (Neb. Rev. Stat. 81-697 to 81-6,110; NAC 186-4)
- Cancer Registry Early Case Capture (Neb. Rev. Stat. 81-642 to 81-650; NAC 186-1)
In addition to the reporting mandates, general inpatient, emergency, and Crash Outcomes Data Evaluation System (CODES) data sets are provided to Nebraska DHHS for public health purposes. NHIS data is also provided to the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). HCUP data is used by the Agency for Health Research and Quality and national health care research organizations.
For more information, contact the NHA at email@example.com or (402) 712-8190.